Upcoming Events and Announcements
Updated: September 15, 2014.
- BBQ on the River will take place on Sept. 25-27 and Troop 1 is signed up to work parking.
- Troop 1 has a slot at Bechtel Summit Reserve on June 21-27, 2015. To be eligible to go, a scout must have a birthdate of 9/1/02 or older. The cost will be $850 to $1,050 depending on the program selected. One other adult and 4 scouts are needed to fill the roster. A deposit of $100 is due by Aug. 18.
- There is interest in Philmont 2016 or 2017. To obtain a slot for 2016, the troop must be entered into the lottery this Fall. Let Mr. Baker know if you are interested in either 2016 or 2017.
- Let Mr. Baker know if you are interested in attending another high adventure activity (Northern Tier or Sea Base) in the Philmont off-season.
- The NOA Badge Tracking Form can be found on the Forms page. This is a good goal for those well on their way to Eagle. The Troopmaster software does not track these automatically, but Mr. Baker or Mr. Richards can run an Individual History Report and Camping Activity Report for you which will have all the answers.
- The SCOUTStrong Presidential Active Lifestyle Award Challenge is a challenge for everyone associated with boy scouts. It is an 8-week healthy eating and exercise program. The forms for this program can also be found on the Forms page. Those that finish the program will be rewarded with a patch and the opportunity to “pie-in-the-face” the leader of their choice at the next Court of Honor.
- Personal fitness merit badge will be coupled with the SCOUTStrong challenge and will be worked on this fall as a troop. The worksheet can be found on the Forms page.
- For anyone interested in receiving a Messengers of Peace World Crest ring patch, send Mr. Baker the information on a service project you organized (title, date, and total hours). He will input the data and present it to you. All Eagle Scouts are eligible.
Recent News and Events
- Congratulations to Mr. Moshure for winning the RCM Cast Iron Chef competition with “Winner Winner Chicken Dinner Dumplings” and to David H. for his winning dessert, Chocolate Delight with homemade whip cream during summer camp. Congratulations also to Wyatt M. and Mr. Moshure for placing 1st in the canoeing race.
- The flag fundraiser was featured on West Kentucky Star, http://www.westkentuckystar.com/News/Local-Regional/Western-Kentucky/Troop-One-Places-Almost-300-Flags-for-4th-of-July.aspx/
- The Pack 18 Bridging Ceremony took place on April 27.
- An Eagle Scout Court of Honor for Dylan and Briar was held on April 27. It was Reverend Libby Wade’s last Eagle ceremony with Troop 1 as she will be retiring in May.
- Several scouts and parents helped out with the Annual PCM Dinner on March 20.
- The Sweet Potato Cave outing took place on March 15-16.
- An Eagle Scout Court of Honor for Avery and Chase was held on March 2. Thanks to those who were able to show up despite the weather.
- Pictures to be shared and posted to the website should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.