Upcoming Events and Announcements
Updated: February 3, 2014
- The deadline for half the payment for Patriots Point is Monday, Feb. 3.
- There is an OA meeting in Calvert City on Thursday, Feb. 6 at 7:00 pm at William A. Doyle American Legion Post 236, 25 Little John Lane.
- Klondike Derby is Feb. 7-9. Cost is $15 and due on Feb. 7.
- Laboratory and plant tour for the chemistry merit badge participants who have attended at least one of the last two meetings will be on Monday, Feb. 10. Meet at the church at 6:30 pm. There will be a carpool to the plant. This will be a Class A’s event.
- Monday, Feb. 10 is the deadline for payment for hockey tickets ($40 each) and laser tag ($25 each). The event is on March 1 and is NOT an overnighter. Meet at the church at 10:00 am. Return time will be approximately 9:00 or 10:00 pm that night.
- Flag service will be on Monday, Feb. 17 at 5:45 am and 5:30 pm.
- Monday, Feb. 17 will be a make-up session for the chemistry merit badge after the flag service.
- There is an Eagle Court of Honor for Chase Snyder and Avery Edwards on Sunday, March 2.
- The NOA Badge Tracking Form can be found on the Forms page. This is a good goal for those well on their way to Eagle. The Troopmaster software does not track these automatically, but Mr. Baker or Mr. Richards can run an Individual History Report and Camping Activity Report for you which will have all the answers.
- The SCOUTStrong Presidential Active Lifestyle Award Challenge is a challenge for everyone associated with boy scouts. It is an 8-week healthy eating and exercise program. The forms for this program can also be found on the Forms page. Those that finish the program will be rewarded with a patch and the opportunity to “pie-in-the-face” the leader of their choice at the next Court of Honor.
- Personal fitness merit badge will be coupled with the SCOUTStrong challenge and will be worked on this fall as a troop. The worksheet can be found on the Forms page.
- The final payment of $350 for Philmont will be due February 2014.
- For anyone interested in receiving a Messengers of Peace World Crest ring patch, send Mr. Baker the information on a service project you organized (title, date, and total hours). He will input the data and present it to you. All Eagle Scouts are eligible.
Recent News and Events
- Several scouts and parents participated at the last outing at Wizardlands Paintball in Dexter on Nov. 9-10, 2013. Much fun was had by all.
- An Eagle Scout Court of Honor for Jacob and James was held on Aug. 12.
- Aaron, Lucas, Dillion, Justin, Mr. Augustus, and Mr. Baker attended the National Jamboree at the Summit Bechtel Family National Scout Reserve in West Virginia.
- One scout participated in Week 1 Summer Camp, 7 scouts at Week 3, and 13 scouts along with 2 provisionals at Week 4.
- 6 scouts and leaders took a whitewater rafting trip on the Ocoee River on June 21-23.
- A Court of Honor was held on June 17. Scouts received 16 merit badges and 4 rank advancements.
- The pot-luck picnic took place at Noble Park on June 3.
- ILST training was conducted on June 2.
- Pictures to be shared and posted to the website should be emailed to email@example.com.